Lack of sleep and too much alcohol are the kinds of things that can cause your skin to look less than luminous. Get back your glow.
- Drink plenty of water. Staying hydrated will renew your skin's healthy moisture levels.
- Warm yourself up and pamper your skin with a steam bath facial. Steam not only opens up your pores to cleanse and purify, it can improve circulation, bringing some colour back to those cheeks. It's also just warm and relaxing. One method is to soak a towel in steaming hot water, let it cool to the point where it's comfortable on your skin, and then wrap your face with it. Leave it on for a few minutes. Then rinse your skin with cool water.
- Banish those bags under your eyes by getting enough rest each night.
- If the stress of the holidays made you reach for a cigarette, or two, or ten, now's the time to quit. Smoking makes your skin look older.
- Exercise. This will help bring vital oxygen and nutrients to your skin, giving it a healthy glow.
- Visit your local spa or cosmetics counter at your pharmacy to see if they offer any specific types of treatments geared specifically to the skin.
All material copyright MediResource Inc. 1996 – 2018. Terms and conditions of use. The contents herein are for informational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Source: www.medbroadcast.com/healthfeature/gethealthfeature/4-Steps-to-Post-holiday-Rejuvenation