These better sex secrets don't require special techniques or mail-order potions - most of them are simple things you can try at home.
1. Take care of yourself
Keeping your body in top-notch condition can help you enjoy a better sex life. Here are some easy steps to help you get there:
- Exercise. It improves stamina and helps with blood circulation (needed for a healthy erection). And you'll look fitter and more toned too!
- Eat a healthy diet. Healthy foods will help you maintain your weight, and also give you the fuel you need for all of your daily activities, including sex.
- Quit smoking. This will improve your health (and give you fresher breath).
- Get help with health problems. If you have sexual health problems such as low desire, erectile dysfunction, or premature ejaculation, see your doctor. These conditions can be treated. Finding and treating other health problems, such as sexually transmitted infections (also known as sexually transmitted diseases), and problems with the nervous system or blood vessels, can also help improve your sex life.
- Take your medications as directed.
2. Communicate with your partner
Communication is the key to great sex:
- Talk. Even though talking about sex may feel awkward at first, it's worth it.
- Be honest. If you don't like something your partner is doing, or if you're uncomfortable with what's going on, let your partner know.
- Focus on the positive. If your partner does something you like, tell them.
- If you're feeling shy, use non-verbal clues. By moving and making noises, you can let your partner know how you feel without having to say a word.
- Let your partner know what you enjoy in bed, and find out what they like.
- Don't hide STDs. If you have a sexually transmitted infection (also known as a sexually transmitted disease [STD]), tell your partners so they can protect themselves.
- Don't hide sexual problems. If you're struggling with a sexual problem such as low desire, erectile dysfunction, or premature ejaculation, talk to your partner about it. This will help them understand it's not their fault, and help them help you.
Good communication can help take your sex life, and your relationship, to new heights. Try it tonight!
3. Shake it up, baby
Sex is supposed to be fun! Strangely enough, it's easy to forget that. Put the fun back into your sex life with a little experimentation:
- Trade fantasies. Find out what your partner would like to try in bed, and share your own desires.
- Add to the wardrobe. Buy your partner some new lingerie or other sexy bedroom clothes.
- Vary the scenery. Try having sex in a new, unusual place.
- Pencil it in. Too busy for sex? Put it in your schedule. Make a date for sex, or plan a sexy getaway. Sex doesn't have to be spontaneous to be good.
- Daydream. Take a few moments throughout the day to think about sex - it keeps the engines stoked.
All material copyright MediResource Inc. 1996 – 2021. Terms and conditions of use. The contents herein are for informational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Source: www.medbroadcast.com/healthfeature/gethealthfeature/Sexual-Healing