Try these useful resources to find out more information about constipation.
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
This site provides a good overview of constipation and how to deal with it.
- HealthLink BC Files on managing constipation in adults
Developed by the British Columbia Ministry of Health Services, the BC HealthFiles are a series of fact sheets on as variety of public and environmental health and safety issues.
- Caring for Kids with constipation
This website for parents was developed by the Canadian Paediatric Society.
- Canadian Society of Intestinal Research
The Canadian Society of Intestinal Research provides self-help support groups for people who suffer from an intestinal disease or disorder. Here you can find a support group dealing with constipation, provide and exchange information, offer or receive support, and share experiences and ways of dealing with constipation. To find out about a Support Group in your community, call 1-866-600-4875.
E-Mail Address: email@example.com
- Canadian Digestive Health Foundation
Telephone Number: 905-847-2002
E-Mail Address: info@CDHF.ca
- The Canadian Continence Foundation – National Office
Toll Free Number: 1-800-265-9575
E-Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- United Ostomy Association of Canada Inc. – National Office
Toll Free Number: 1-888-969-9698
E-Mail Address: email@example.com
All material copyright MediResource Inc. 1996 – 2021. Terms and conditions of use. The contents herein are for informational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Source: www.medbroadcast.com/healthfeature/gethealthfeature/Constipation