- Always use water between 32 °C and 34 °C: bathwater that is too hot could aggravate itching.
- Use unperfumed cleansers to reduce skin irritation and stinging.
- Dry by tapping, without rubbing, so you do not aggravate some of the wounds on the skin.
- Hydrate skin with an emollient in the 3 minutes following the bath or shower. Bathing allows moisture to enter the skin. Coating the skin after every bath or shower with Lipikar baume AP+ helps to seal that moisture in the skin.
- Cotton clothing is often best tolerated by people with eczema. Avoid contact with rough or irritating fabrics (ex: wool).
- Keep nails trimmed short and filed smooth. Damage done from scratching may be the biggest contributing factor to eczema flares, inflammation, and bacterial infection.
La Roche-Posay, the #1 recommended brand by Canadian dermatologists , helps babies, children and adults live a better life with eczema-prone skin by offering a full routine adapted to their specific needs:
CLEANSE with LIPIKAR SYNDET
The glycerine, niacinamide and shea butter formula moisturizes and restores the hydrolipidic film, which in turn helps to rebuild the skin barrier. Cleansing with LIPIKAR SYNDET provides comfort to the skin while soothing the tightness feeling due to dry skin. High tolerance, soap-free, paraben-free, and fragrance-free.
CARE with LIPIKAR BAUME AP+
Beyond immediate lipid replenishment, LIPIKAR BAUME AP+ spaces out flare-ups of severe dryness, helping your child have less itchy days and sleepless nights. The Lipikar baume AP+ formula acts on 2 factors that contribute to extremely dry and eczema-prone skin by:
- Restoring and preserving the skin’s protective barrier
- Rebalancing the natural and healthy bacterial diversity on the skin`s surface, to help reduce inflammation and stop allergens and irritants from penetrating the skin surface.