Metallic colours are ruling the spotlight. This radiant makeup trend has lit up the runways–and our features–with a selection of star-studded shades. Whether sleek and chic or gloss and glam, metallic brings the wow-factor. Genius makeup artist Pat McGrath is credited with popularizing this trend, which continues to blow up our social feeds. New formulations, like the liquid lippie we used here, make it easier than ever to give your lips the full metallic treatment. Below are eight tips you’ll need to achieve this stunning style.
1. Prep skin with a face mist. (If you love a dewier look, you can also spray it directly onto a foundation brush or sponge to create that “fresh-from-a-rainfall” finish.)
Dr. Roebuck’s Bondi Hydrating Mist
2. Use a hydrating foundation to even out the complexion and create a smooth, even base for your makeup.
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup
3. Sweep a warm coral blush onto cheekbones using a blush brush or sponge.
Smashbox L.A. Lights Blendable Lip & Cheek Colour in Silver Lake Sunset
4. Define eyes with a black eye pencil. Gently hold the lid up and fill in the gaps between the lashes, concentrating the colour on the outer corner of the eyes.
Elizabeth Arden Beautiful Color Smoky Eyes Pencil in Smoky Black
5. Gently press a coppery eyeshadow onto the entire lid. Then, use a clean fluffy eyeshadow brush to buff the colour into the crease so there are no visible lines.
Pür Eye Polish Base + Top Coat in Silk
6. Curl your lashes and apply a few coats of mascara. (For an even bolder look, groom your brows.)
Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real Mascara
7. Finish the eyes by blending a hint of the same coppery eyeshadow along the bottom lid, making sure to keep the overall look soft.
8. Finish with a metallic liquid lipstick. Use the wand as a liner first, starting with your cupid's bow, then fill in lips. Apply another layer for a bolder finish. Clean up any messy edges with a lip brush.
Smashbox Be Legendary Liquid Lip in Haterade