You’ve tried it smudgy, and smoky, and blocky. But this fall, bring on the glitter ’cause the cat-eye is going full-out metallic. This big and bold new update on the much-loved favourite is all about glam. It’s the perfect amount of sparkle. (And you know we love a hint of glitter!) Here’s how to get this gorgeous look.
1. Use a black cream eyeshadow to create a cat-eye shape. This will also function as a base for the metallic eyeshadow, helping the glitter adhere and making the colour pop.
Clarins Ombre Matte Eye Shadow in Carbon
2. Next, apply the metallic eyeshadow directly on top of the black shadow base using an eyeshadow brush.
Stila Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eye Shadow in Molten Midnight
3. Prep skin with a face primer, focusing on nose, cheeks and chin. Since these areas tend to be oilier with larger pores, a primer will help create a blurring effect and make products stay put.
Smashbox Photo Finish Primerizer
4. Apply a lightweight demi-matte foundation with a foundation brush. Start from the center of the face and work outwards.
Pür Bare It All 12-hour 4-in-1 Skin-Perfecting Foundation
Pür Skin-Perfecting Foundation Brush
5. Cover any redness or blemishes with concealer and set skin with translucent powder.
Smashbox Studio Skin 24 Hour Wear Waterproof Concealer
Lancome Translucence Silky Loose Powder
6. Sweep a coral blush onto the apples of the cheeks, blending up towards the hairline.
7. Define brows with a brow pencil using short, feather-like strokes.
Benefit Cosmetics Goof Proof Eyebrow Pencil
8. Add length and volume to lashes with two coats of mascara.
Lancôme Grandiôse Extrême Volumizing Mascara
9. Complete the look with a dark lip to complement the metallic cat-eye, using a lip brush to apply. (Good to know: A lip brush lets you enhance the shape of your pout for more fullness!)
Smashbox Be Legendary Lipstick in Witchy