If you overeat, you can feel bloated, heavy, lethargic, and generally bummed out. Try foods and drinks that have a cleansing effect. Think crisp, clear, and fresh.
- Sip on ginger tea. Ginger helps digestion and can relieve nausea.
- Try chamomile tea. This may help calm you down so you can relax and sleep better.
- When you wake, take your water warm and with a twist of lemon. Many yoga practitioners do this, and it may help to gently stimulate your digestion.
- Eat more fibre. Foods rich in fibre, such as apples, bran, beans, almonds, broccoli, and spinach, can keep things moving on out of your system.
- Go fresh and lean. Opt for unprocessed food – fresh veggies and fish, whole grain breads.
- Put down that salt shaker. Too much salt can make you retain water, causing that oh-so-unpleasant bloated feeling.
- Start a mild exercise routine, like taking a stroll in the early evening.
- Speak to your doctor or pharmacist about medications that can help with gas, bloating, indigestion or heartburn. Many of these medications are available without a prescription.
All material copyright MediResource Inc. 1996 – 2021. Terms and conditions of use. The contents herein are for informational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Source: www.medbroadcast.com/healthfeature/gethealthfeature/4-Steps-to-Post-holiday-Rejuvenation