A consistent and varied exercise routine can help you reap amazing benefits in terms of overall health and energy. If you've got a friend or family member who's expressed an interest in getting in better shape, support their exercise goals with a fitness-inspired gift.
- Pay for a pal's sign-up fees and first couple of months’ membership to a gym.
- Shell out for a few sessions with a personal trainer.
- Reserve a spot for you and a friend at a yoga or meditation retreat.
- Give a friend a gift registration in an adventurous fitness trend, such as pole dancing. To make it even more fun, join them!
- Workout DVDs can help make a home gym a reality. Pull together a collection of several different routines, such as Pilates, yoga, core training, tai chi, aerobics, and dancing.
- Encourage a stick-with-it fitness attitude by giving fitness trackers. Wearable fitness trackers are available in a wide range of different functions and options. Pedometers count a person's steps and motivate them to walk more. Heart rate monitors help a person know when they've reached their optimal heart rate for aerobic benefits. And body mass index monitors can target a person's healthiest weight range for their height.
- Sometimes a person's only excuse for not working out is that the equipment is just too expensive. Nix that from their list by gifting them with gear. Some affordable ideas include:
- resistance bands
- various sizes of fitness balls
- a jump rope
- yoga accessories, such as mats, mat bags, props, and yoga wear
- hiking boots or running shoes
All material copyright MediResource Inc. 1996 – 2020. Terms and conditions of use. The contents herein are for informational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Source: www.medbroadcast.com/healthfeature/gethealthfeature/Give-the-Gifts-of-Fitness-and-Wellness